What is Search Engine Advertising (SEA)?
SEA (Search Engine Advertising) is a way of online advertising. Text advertisements are shown in and around search results. This enables advertisers to target a very specific and high quality audience.
Benefits of Search Engine Advertising (SEA)
Search Engine Advertising (SEA) is very efficient, yielding a high ROI (Return On Investment) and ROAS (Return On Advertising Spending). This is because search engine advertising allows advertisers to:
- Reach consumers that are searching for a specific product or service
- Set specific targets and control the CPA (Cost Per Action)
- Focus on consumers that are low in the search funnel
- Manage search engine advertising campaigns to yield maximum results
- Only show advertisements in selected regions or languages
- Target specific devices, such as PC’s, tablets or mobile
Advertisements are not only shown in the SERPs of search engines, but also in the search results of a large number of third party websites.
Using search engine advertising, professionals also place advertisements on the webpages of a vast network of third party websites (such as Searchify.ca). Advertisements are only shown when selected keywords appear on the page, so they appear on relevant web pages. Alternatively, search engine professionals can select websites or webpages where the advertisements will appear.
The largest search engine advertising network in the world (and in Canada as well) is the Google AdWords Display Network.