What is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)?
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization is a field of online marketing that focuses on tweaking websites in order to:
- Make sure that webpages show up higher in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages)
- Increase traffic and sales by increasing the CTR (Click Through Rate) in the SERPs
- Ensure that the webpages are shown on relevant search queries, increasing conversions
SEO is more than technical implementation. SEO professionals have to cover various topics, including:
- Keyword analysis
- SEO copywriting
- Technical optimization (e.g. code, server, etc.)
- Authority building (incl. press releases, link bait, etc.)
- Internal and external link profiling
Due to the many and frequent advances in the field, a periodical SEO audit by search engine optimization professionals is recommended.
Searchify provides free SEO Audits.
Due to the frequent changes in SEO, a periodical SEO audit is highly recommended.